Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Stupid ass hipsters

I was watching Requiem for a Dream, a hipster movie, having a jolly good chuckle and all, but then it hit me. I hated it.

I won't lie, I'm on the Donnie Darko and Fight Club cult-hit bandwagon, but goddamn Requiem for a Dream is a speckle in the eye of its ambitions.

Rife with a pretentious air about it, a lack of faith in the viewer and poor emotional captivation Requiem is more than capable of filling my yearly quota of piss sour movies.

Shit, my fucking dog could take a better handheld shot than that* , and he doesn't even have damn opposable thumbs.

Watch the first 6 seconds of this and think about it. What was going through the edioter's, my new word for idiot editors, head that day? He musta had some dank ass weed, been puffin' on dat shit yo.

"Well...I need to make sure this doesn't look too Hollywood...This has gotta be 'hip', institutions are stupid!"

And forth comes a slick, seemless sequence that captivates impressionable viewers thinking it's 'hella cool' to go get a lighter and a spoon, a syringe, etc,. Whatever you need to float your boat...or sink your submarine.

No comments:

Post a Comment