Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fire in C-a-i-r-o



Burn like a fire in Cairo


Burn like a Fire


Blaze like a fire in Cairo




So I'm actually going to put effort into this now, and since Logan and maybe Lindsay read this, I can write whatever I please.

So today was pretty fun, Tai and I went to play soccer in the nice neighborhood. We concluded that everyone in the whole neighborhood knew we weren't from there. Maybe it was my black bandanna in the fashion of 'un bandero' or our fashionably white legs mixed with the ghetto-ness of a water bottle without a lid. It was hot today, got up to 70 and I chose to wear my thick soccer jersey, needless to say, it was hot out there for a pimp. Anyhow, we played soccer on a turf field, which today in Roanoke, is as rare as anti-conflict diamonds on the hands of football star's wives. After the soccer-venture, we walked to 7/11 to get some jazz to eat. As we were walking we realized that we, both wearing soccer shorts without pockets, had forgotten to bring our wallets. So we concluded that being in the richest neighborhood in the city we should be able to find at least 20$ on the ground. I didn't mention before that the kids in this neighborhood were numbered higher than the cost of our houses, at least 10,000$ mate. As we arrive to the main street for South Roanoke we feast our eyes upon a group of 7th graders that are eyeing us with disgust, it was my bandanna I know. But we walk past Famous Anthony's and I see that my mother, Simon and his family are there eating lunch but they didn't see us. So we walk over to the 7/11 and Tai scolds me for looking inside the payphone's change dispenser for money. As I pondered fronting on the garbage cans for some cash, Tai's friends waltz their way over. They were the type that Tai started laughing and holding his forhead and bending over before they even had arrived at our spot. They donned a skateboard, a bike and all Abercrombie apparel. The shorter, curlier haired skateboarder complemented my 'bandero' style headband . After about five minutes of awkward speaking, they left. And after they left, Tai and I left too. We went over near Tinells and sat on the bench, waiting for my mother and Simon's family to exit the restaurant and give us some money. They came out and I asked Simon for some money and it turned out it'd be easier to go home and get something to eat, so we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment